Conference Learning Objectives:
Clinical Integration Track
- Describe three innovative approaches to healthcare delivery that can improve care and reduce costs.
- Explain how new methods of delivery can improve access to care for more patients.
- Identify the challenges that must be addressed when exploring new options for delivering patient care.
- Discuss the evolution of population health and how it will impact healthcare in the future.
- Identify strategies that improve patient outcomes through increased coordination of care.
- Analyze the role that supply chain data plays in value-based purchasing.
- Analyze and discuss the current state of clinical integration, as well as where it is headed.
- Formulate new strategies for evaluating health system objectives using clinical integration.
- Explain how to gain physician buy-in for the clinical integration process.
- Determine the impact of new payment models and the idiosyncrasies of working with them.
- Examine practical drug procurement and cost solutions.
- Develop new strategies that embrace change and question longstanding policy.
- Describe the initial development and regulatory journey when starting a 503b compounding pharmacy within a health-system.
- Identify the ongoing financial and operational challenges associated with running a 503b-registered facility.
- Discuss the benefits and risks to patients and the health-system around the various production models.
- Identify tools to manage ethical dilemmas in the hospital pharmacy setting.
- Describe the impact that drug shortages are having on hospital pharmacy operations.
- Develop new strategies to address the opioid crisis from a pharmacy perspective.
Financial Performance Track
- Compare and contrast methods of supply utilization that can reduce costs and improve patient care.
- Explain the importance of supply utilization in ensuring best in-use cost.
- Identify three ways to identify and track clinical product use patterns.
- Outline best practices for identifying key metrics for measuring supply chain performance beyond cost reduction.
- Explain the importance of transparent data and how new technology is improving the opportunities for obtaining it.
- Describe how to leverage data to implement a meaningful data analytics strategy.
- Identify the administrative challenges in the operation of a consolidated service center.
- List the complex supply chain components that are driving some hospitals to use consolidated service centers.
- Specify how consolidated service centers can give hospitals better pricing power and distribution control.
- Identify the potential implications of the changes that are occurring in healthcare supply chain.
- Discuss how GPOs are responding to changing expectations.
- Analyze the evolving role of GPOs in improving supply chain performance.
- Analyze market forces that drive supply chain expenses and performance.
- List three ways to meet the needs of physicians while providing optimum care.
- Identify industry trends impacting the role of the physician in supply evaluation and procurement.
- Discuss the importance of provider/supplier collaboration in healthcare.
- Devise methods for improved communication when there are changes in hospital leadership.
- Identify strategies and practices that high-performing organizations and teams employ.
Supplier Strategies Track
- Identify the factors causing a shift in the US healthcare market due to consumerism and consolidation.
- Review how to bring more value to customers that are fundamentally transforming.
- Outline specific strategies to reorganize your team’s priorities and account plans to meet the changing needs of your customers.
- Examine how and why health systems are transitioning to value-based care.
- Explore the impact of value-based care on the customer’s buying process and how your value proposition and go-to-market strategy may need to shift.
- Identify the steps involved in the value-based care sales process and how to secure a seat at the table.
- Define the supply chain challenges facing IDNs.
- Identify ways providers and suppliers can forge stronger partnerships.
- Describe the key drivers influencing healthcare supply chain decision makers.
Senior Executives Forum
- Discuss effective approaches for clinically integrated operations that foster growth, align providers, and strengthen market presence.
- Develop strategies to implement diverse and innovative business models that support transformational care.
- Demonstrate understanding of the clinical integration trends developing in healthcare and the key internal and external constituencies with which senior leadership must collaborate.
- Analyze opportunities for leveraging physician alignment and engagement.
- Compare methods of effective physician collaboration employed successfully by leading not-for-profit and for-profit health systems.
- Identify approaches across the organization that will build robust relationships and optimize physician involvement to accelerate margin improvement, patient experience, and other critical strategies.
- Discuss utilization initiatives that can positively impact revenues while improving patient care practices and related services.
- Identify opportunities for coordination and interface with customers and end users to garner project support and share related data analytics.
- Outline best practices for gathering and analyzing spend and utilization supply/service data from all available resources.
Pharmacy Executives Forum
- Identify disruptive forces that could impact pharmacy.
- Assess value of moving key pharmacy services inhouse.
- Justify new structures for the generation of additional revenue in pharmacy.
- Apply deep understanding of how powerful technology helps make smarter business decisions.