Conference Learning Objectives:
Clinical Integration Track
- Identify how to accurately measure the results of clinical variation.
- Describe how supply chain professionals can assist in the improvement of practice patterns in the clinical setting.
- Formulate opportunities for reducing clinical variation across all programs and services.
- Discuss the ways predictive analytics can make the supply chain process more accurate.
- Describe the ways that utilization management and review can improve outcomes and reduce costs.
Financial Operations Track
- Identify the forces destabilizing provider economics.
- Discuss new delivery models that are emerging due to the evolution of value-based care.
- Describe the strategies both the private and public sector are employing to bend the health care spending curve
- Identify strategies to ensure clinical and supply chain operations are aligned with finance and align on a common definition for savings.
- Define key strategies for successful contracting.
- Describe the importance of flexibility, research, and negotiation in the contracting process.
- Identify the components driving increased pressure on hospital pharmacy departments.
- Outline Medicare compliance requirements and their impact on pharmacy.
- Describe methods of innovation that can improve outcomes and reduce costs.
- Discuss the potential impact new pricing proposals and rules may have on Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement for hospitals.
- Compare and contrast the components of the various proposals and rules.
- Discuss the importance of hospital-specific analytics when preparing for these proposals and rules.
- Discuss factors that can result in lower pharmacy reimbursement
- Identify best practices for optimizing your hospital’s data for improved reimbursement results.
- Analyze transparency processes that can reduce risk and increase compliance.
- Identify the evolving role of technology in data collection.
- Analyze opportunities to use data in new ways to improve efficiencies.
- Discuss the trends that are transforming healthcare supply chain.
- Outline the unique elements of the role of a supply chain leader.
- Recognize the importance of having each member of the team appraise their current skills and acquire new expertise.
Supplier Strategies Track
- Evaluate the impact of new marketplace disruptions.
- Explain the importance of meaningful and tangible collaboration.
- Outline the new market realities.
Senior Executives Forum
- Discuss best practices that can be applied to your organization.
- Discover new approaches to issues that have been successful at other organizations.
- Identify ways you can assist others with their challenges.
- Discover the challenges Penn State Health faced as they transitioned from a traditional materials management organization to a strategic supply chain organization.
- Discuss new delivery models that optimize the organizations ability to deliver healthcare to their market.
- Identify ways you can transition your supply chain from a traditional material management model to a more strategic model better equipped to deal with the challenges of delivering healthcare to a changing demographic, more challenging revenue model sources and consolidating marketplace.
Pharmacy Executives Forum
- Define the pharmacist’s role in chronic care management
- Discuss how chronic care management will benefit patients, physicians and organizations from
- Outline a basic business plan for chronic care management service roll out.
- Discuss the potential implications of biosimilars in the hospital setting.
- Demonstrate knowledge of practical applications for the use of biosimilars.
- Review recent FDA and MedPAC guidelines for the use of biosimilars.
- Detail ways that better data utilization has changed the delivery of healthcare.
- Discuss strategies for implementing mutually beneficial collaboration opportunities.
- Discuss ways to align physician preference models with hospital budgets.
- Analyze which disruptors are having the biggest impact on your organization.
- Discuss the strategies that have been effective in establishing value analysis programs in your organization.